Whole grains should be preferred over refined grains every day, whether it’s wheat, barley, quinoa, popcorn, or any other variety. | Photo credit: iStock images
- Not all fats are unhealthy – likewise, not all forms of fat found in different parts of the body have the same effect on health.
- One of the main reasons for the accumulation of abdominal fat is to consume too many calories during the evening hours.
- Limiting the intake of sugar is one of the best ways to lose weight and overcome belly fat.
New Delhi: Not all fats are unhealthy – likewise, not all forms of fat found in different parts of the body have the same effect on health. Abdominal fat, also known as visceral or abdominal fat, is one of the most harmful of all. As we age, a high consumption of saturated fat, refined sugars, preservatives, and simple carbohydrates found in processed foods can increase the risk of developing this form of fat which accumulates in the body around the abdomen and increases the risk of developing this form of fat. risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, metabolic disorders and obesity.
On the one hand, when diet is the root cause of the development of belly fat, it may also be the only way to get rid of it – combined with a little exercise. Plus, there are some basic eating habits that can help you lose belly fat as you age. Keep reading.
- Switch to whole grains: Whole grains should be preferred over refined grains every day, whether it’s wheat, barley, quinoa, popcorn, or any other variety. These are high in fiber and essential nutrients that help keep the digestive tract clear by preventing constipation. Refined carbohydrates, on the other hand, are stripped of their nutritional value, which can only lead to a build-up of calories.
- Try to consume all calories before evening hours: One of the main reasons for the accumulation of abdominal fat is to consume too many calories during the evening hours. During the first hours of the day, your body is more able to digest food – it is during the first hours that insulin is most effective. Insulin is a hormone that helps break down food into glucose and be absorbed by cells for energy. As the day continues, the effectiveness of insulin becomes low. Therefore, when one eats too much processed food in the evening, it can hamper digestion and lead to accumulation of belly fat.
- Avoid Too Much Sugar: Limiting the intake of sugar is one of the best ways to lose weight and overcome belly fat. And when it comes to reducing sugar intake, avoiding sugary sodas is the first step, as they have been repeatedly identified as one of the main culprits in weight gain and obesity. A study published in the journal Nutrients found that consuming too much of these drinks can lead to a buildup of belly fat in adults.
- Track your calorie consumption: While experts no longer recommend counting calories for weight loss or reducing belly fat, doing it for a week can help set the standard in the long run. This will help to get a feel for what the body really needs and therefore to start eating a balanced diet.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting a fitness program or making any changes to your diet.