Bac Savitri Vrat 2022: The Wat Savitri puja is performed by the married couple for the integrity of their marriage and the longevity of the husband. The Vat Savitri fast is observed every year on the new moon of the month of Jyeshtha. This time, this fast is observed on May 30. On this day, women fast and pray for the long life of their husbands and offer prayers to the banyan tree.
Know the shubh muhurta of Vat Savitri Vrat
Amavasya Tithi Start: May 29, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
Amavasya Tithi ends: May 30, 2022 at 4:59 p.m.
Know the necessary things for Vat Savitri quickly
To worship Vat Savitri, it is very important to know his method. You need the following things for the puja
- raw cotton
- Roli Akshat
- fruit and flowers
- gram soaked
- Kalash filled with water
- One and a half meter fabric
- Idol Savitri and Satyavan to decorate on your plate
Wat Savitri Vrat method of worship
- On this day women wake up in the morning and take a bath
- After that, wear new clothes and get ready
- Keep all the worship ingredients on the plate
- Under the Vat (Banyan) tree, keep all worship material
- Install the idols of Satyavan and Savitri
- Then worship with materials like incense, lamp, roli, tempered gram, vermilion, etc.
- Offer red cloth and fruit
- Wrap Savitri-Satyavan with a bamboo fan and put a banyan leaf in your hair
- Wrap the red thread around the tree and go around the banyan 5, 11, 21 or 51 times as much as possible
- After that go home and fan your husband with the same leaf
- Eating fruits offered in prasad
Meaning and History of Vat Savitri Vrat
According to folklore, King Ashwapati of the country of Madra was blessed with a daughter after worshiping Savitri with his wife. When Savitri was young, Ashwapati sent her with a minister to choose a groom. When she came after choosing Satyavan as her husband, Devrishi Narada told everyone that Satyavan son of Maharaja Dyumatsen would die after 12 years of marriage. Hearing this, the king asked the daughter Savitri to choose another groom. But Savitri disagreed. After learning from Naradji the time of Satyavan’s death, she started living in the forest with her husband and mother-in-law.
Savitri began fasting before her husband’s date of death, as stated by Naradji. When Yamraj came for her husband Satyavan, Savitri also followed him. With that, Yamraj, pleased with her devotion, granted her a boon. In her first wish, she asked for her blind stepfather’s sight and longevity. after it was granted, she continued to follow them. When Yamraj offered her a second boon, she reclaimed her father-in-law’s lost kingdom. In the end, as the third boon, Savitri asked for the boon of a hundred sons guaranteeing that her husband will live long. With her wisdom, Savitri not only saved Satyavan’s life, but also ensured the well-being of his family.
(Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on religious beliefs and popular beliefs. India TV does not make any confirmation on this. It has been presented here with the general interest of the public in mind.)